[pct-l] Esbit fuel & alohol

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 2 18:15:21 CST 2008

I'll answer about shipping UPS to a Post Office - NO!  The Post Office will not accept a UPS or FedEx (or other shipper) package. I did hear once about someone getting around it by shipping with out a signature requirement. Maybe I'll have to delve back into the Postal Regs.

One ringer in this whole system is that each postmaster, and by extension each postal employee, has some latitude is what to accept. We have personal experience of a friend's UPS shipped box of cookies being accepted by a post office. The postmaster then mailed it to us at his post office COD. Hey, those cookies were worth the postage!

The flip side is several of our packages disappeared into the postal sysem in Nevada on the ADT. They weren't returned and we can find no information about them.

Ken