[pct-l] Bear Canister "required" areas on PCT in the Sierra...

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 21:01:38 CST 2008

Bug-A-Lope _gottawalk at pacbell.net_ (mailto:gottawalk at pacbell.net)   writes:
The outdoor experience is reduced when agencies accommodate or pave the  way
for hikers by taking care of them. The mystique and satisfaction of a hike  are
gone. I like the (not really accurate but fun anyway) feeling that not many
people manage to walk to a particular area. Shelters, sleeping platforms,
bridges, signs and bear boxes ruin the natural wilderness.
Switchback replies: Of course, I want lots of signs, shelters every 12  miles
with a water pump, bridges, and bear boxes all along the PCT.  I  want the
trail to be handicap accessible too for hikers like  me.

48)