[pct-l] Bear Canister "required"

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 2 23:37:25 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller at backpackgeartest.org>
You should try the Northwest or Yukon Territories in Canada.
Now *that* is a wilderness experience.....   ;o)
Jerry

I agree! I read about the man man that soloed the YTY, Yellowstone to Yukon.
What an adventure in griz country all the way! ( I bet he carried bear
canisters.) On second thought...

UT and NV were very lonesome. At one point we slid down under heavy growth
to a drainage when our gps was snagged by bushes and flipped into trees
above us. As we mistakenly searched the ground for the gps we were certain
that if we died out there nobody would ever find our bones. Lost seems like
an easier was to go than by grizzlies.

PS for SB: Bug-a-Lope? Is that related to a Jackalope? Look for them on your
Grand Canyon Expedition.