[pct-l] Too Many People

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 09:28:45 CST 2008

Wheeeew writes: And in learning about all this I'm also getting an  education
about David Brower, who I had not heard of, but did much to prevent  dams
being built in the Southwest.  There's now a movement underway to take  down Glen
Canyon Dam.  I'm thinking about joining it.  When will we  accept that we're
not smarter than nature???
Switchback replies: DOWN WITH GEMs!!  As Ed Abbey would say.  I  think he had
a secret plan to do Glen Canyon dam in.  IMHO.  I heard that Hetch Hetchy dam
(the one that killed John Muir when it  passed to be built) is coming down.
I hope so.  By the  way, GEM stands for Giant Earth Mover equipment.  Long
live Trail  Pirates!

48)