[pct-l] Ice Ax

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Feb 3 14:28:12 CST 2008

For just $20 more you could save 70 grams and still have a very
functional ice axe with this related model
http://www.rei.com/product/684755

Leashes are generally not used anymore to eliminate the danger of a
loose axe flailing around and causing injury, and to facilitate
switching the axe to always be in the uphill hand. I think we had this
discussion in the past (or maybe that was the Whitney Portal Store
board).

As for a cover, to carry my axe on my G4 pack I used a piece of pipe
foam insulation, notched to fit and reinforced on the ends with a little
duct tape. It was lighter than the commercial cover, and I didn't want
to go without as I didn't want the axe cutting up my pack.

AsABat