[pct-l] tent

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 4 18:22:22 CST 2008

-Taildragger,

Ken and I like the Black Diamond (formerly Bibler) HiLight at 1# 14 oz, poles another 8 oz. Ventilation is good but it is not a good AT drenching multi-day rain tent. The combo is light but not the least expensive.

The tent is single wall, free standing with internal poles so you climb in then set up in bad weather. I may be wrong but I think tents are like rain gear. Nothing will keep you totally dry in an all day gully washer.

Tent http://www.bdel.com/gear/hilight.php
Poles http://www.fibraplex.com/tentpoles.htm

We know pilots that are "ounce weenies" who have calculated the cost of each ounce reduced. Your wallet gets lighter as the gear gets lighter.

...GottaWalk