[pct-l] cheese

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Feb 5 08:27:27 CST 2008

Good morning, Marion,

I'm with you in liking string cheese; the stuff is great.  I don't usually
put it in resupply boxes, but I try to walk away from every trail town with
a bunch of it.  I've had it last several weeks in the pack, but usually only
if I overlook a piece somehow.  Otherwise I eat all in the first few days
because I can't keep my hands off of it.  After several days in the heat it
does gets softer, and it swells up a bit, but I eat it anyway.

I also use other varieties of individually-wrapped cheese which are probably
better in terms of high oil content and low weight ... meaning less moisture
... but string cheese is my all-time favorite.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Serious hikers gather at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^