[pct-l] How Many Trail Shoes / When to buy them

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 5 10:32:11 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth "Osprey" Schumacher" <eragon921 at gmail.com>
To: "'Kathleen Salmon'" <ksalmon at wesleyan.edu>; <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] How Many Trail Shoes / When to buy them
Osprey said:

I found that I used two pairs to hike the entire AT and was just starting my
second pair when I left the CDT. I use Salomon XA Pro 3Ds and love them

YMMV, but we both used more pairs of shoes (and socks) on the PCT than on
the AT...or CDT or ADT. I think that will be true for most hikers. The PCT
and JMT (one new pair of Nikes went in the garbage after a JMT) dust grinds
up shoes.
Marcia