[pct-l] Switchback vs Reinhold

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 11:17:02 CST 2008

Unsupported Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: No   ''Bunny Slopes''  for me
.......I'm a  ''Downhill Bomber''  and  run Rosignol  ''B 2''  all terrain skis.  I
don't know what kind  off wash board you are running, but I would
suggest you not spray snow on me  with your wash board.......and stay out of
my way.  B 2 Bombers  are  known to  demolish anything  within their pass.
Switchback relies: Yes, the infamous, Switchback the Trail Pirate, the
gnarly Pirate of the trail will be sneaking up on Snow Bunny at Mammoth when he
least expects it.  All at once the Bunny is snow blinded.  He thinks  it is a
white out.  He thinks he is in an avalanche.  He quickly  activates his
emergency beacon locator.  It is too late.  All he hears  through the spray of snow is
a loud, Har!, Har!, Har! as the Pirate quickly  makes his getaway on his
Pirates of the Caribbean decorated  snowboard.

It is the same call that many hikers have heard on the PCT --- a cloud of
dust and all at once all their gear is  gone.

48)