[pct-l] fuller ridge question

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Feb 6 10:12:24 CST 2008

I should add that in April 2006, two weeks before ADZ, I hiked from Saddle
Junction to Seven Pines Trail. Navigation was not too difficult, with
reasonable map and compass skills, until we dropped off the PCT onto Seven
Pines Trail. Once we hit the bottom of the bowl the trail was impossible
to find without expert compass skills, and a GPS helped. With sunlight
fading away because of someone's slow speed (mine), we finally gave up
trying to stay on the trail and used GPS and compass to beeline out to the
road. With me was a SAR member, and I have almost 40 years experience.

AsABat