[pct-l] fuller ridge question

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Feb 6 10:35:43 CST 2008

If you are comfortable with conditions and navigation, still be aware of
when you are getting over your head and know when to turn around and bail
out.

Generally south slopes would have less snow, but looking at the map you
can see that west of Castle Rocks the slow is very steep with gullies
cutting down it. Those gullies will hold snow. The north side is more
forested, but whether a tree will stop you gently or like a trainwreck...

I've done ridge walks many times - west from Baden Powell, in Section O
between Red Mountain and Grizzly Peak - and it saves a lot of snow
navigation problems. But as Mike said, Fuller Ridge is covered with
boulders, and as much as I like rocks that doesn't look like fun with a
pack.

AsABat