[pct-l] March / April in the desert

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 00:32:56 CST 2008

 peter at onthetrail.org writes: I want to make sure you understand that just because you are going to the
desert in March or April you will not run into cold! It can be plenty warm during the day but well below freezing at night, possible colder then at Lake Morena! Enjoy your trip, but be prepared for cold!
Switchback replies: Some of the coldest weather I have been in is in the desert at my campsites.  The dry cold seems like it can penetrate almost anything like it is not even there.  My down jacket saves me every time even if it is windy.  But I am kind of weird because I like bad weather once I have made camp.  It makes for a little excitement in the hiking trip.  Mother Nature flexing her muscles and such --- letting us know who is boss.