[pct-l] cold nights

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 08:19:42 CST 2008

This is about how cold it is in SoCal in the deserts at night. I posted a few days ago about the lingering snow here i see from my place in Pasadena. Well i am not in a desert here i can just look up and still see traces of local snow on the foothills. I would then venture a guess that the nights all over SoCal have been below freezing to keep the snow still visual to us from miles away. When you talk about the past conditions down in sections A-D, you can throw that out the window this year so far. I have been here in LA since the early 70s and don't recall the snow staying so long on the ground to be seen from here. In almost any year down here even at the Beach in Venice you can see snow on the upper peaks pretty often but to see it so low down for this long is unusual... Makes me think of how much snow must be up to Baden Powell, the ski areas by Big Bear/Wrightwood and Fuller Ridge. So you early birds should plan for lots of snow in many areas down here.
  Meadow Ed