[pct-l] PCT Atlas - Thru wallet alert

robo hiker robohiker at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:21:28 CST 2008

ha ha ha ha ha ha funny!!!! :-D

From: billbatch at cox.netTo: gailpl2003 at yahoo.com; gwtmp01 at mac.com; pct-l at backcountry.netDate: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:25:13 -0800Subject: Re: [pct-l] PCT Atlas - Thru wallet alert

Thru wallet

I just realized the the company that sold me my pack was actually taking advantage of me.  If they really loved me and the trail . . .  why would they charge me money?

 I better go check my records, I think the company that made my compass are loveless pricks too!

From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net] On Behalf Of G. Lowe aka WheeewSent: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:13 AMTo: Gary Wright; PCTSubject: Re: [pct-l] PCT Atlas - Thru wallet alert
I checked the price of Yogi's book, online last night, and it's the same price I paid for the set of 2 books at the Gathering in Oct......$30.......a fair price, I think.  So if the price has doubled, it must have been before Oct., '07.  Clearly Yogi has put a ton of work into these books.  If she has chosen writing guides for hikers as a profession, or even a side- profession, why wouldn't she be expected to earn some money for all her hours and hours of hard work?I don't know what Donna would do.  But I do know she wouldn't insult Yogi out of.......envy????  WheeewGary Wright <gwtmp01 at mac.com> wrote:
On Feb 6, 2008, at 6:09 PM, Postholer wrote:> The groupies will say that Yogi makes no money off her 'book', yet > the price> has doubled. It's about the money, make no mistake. WWDD? (What > Would Donna> Do?)Why does it matter if Yogi makes money off her book or not?If you think the book is worth the asking price, buy it. If you don't, don't buy it.If Yogi thinks producing the book is worthwhile, she'll continue. If not, she won't.If it turns out that Yogi can make money from producing her book, good for her.If it turns out that Yogi can't make money but enjoys sharing the information, good for her.If it turns out that Yogi can't justify the time/money and wants to do something else, good for her.Isn't the free market great?Radar_______________________________________________Pct-l mailing listPct-l at backcountry.netTo unsubscribe or change list options (digest, etc):http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l-Wheeew-www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/---->MexiCan----> 2008