[pct-l] Hiker Heaven, Public Warning, and Thong Caper

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 18:03:54 CST 2008

Well, I stopped by Hiker Heaven this morning to deliver my donated Garcia
bear canister.  As a Valentine's Day gift I filled it with M&M candy  packages.
There must have been a million of them in that big  canister.

I figured that all the Thru Hikers coming along would get some  M&M's.  But
BuzzSaw says to me as I am playing with their dogs and  L-Rod is in the bedroom
packing for a trip, that she loves M&M's and he  would be surprised if there
were 3 or 4 packs left for the Thru Hikers.   Later when L-Rod walks into the
room she has a package of M&M's in her  hand.

This is a PUBLIC WARNING: If a Thru Hiker arrives at Hiker Heaven and  does
not get some M&M's, you know what happened to them.  SOMEBODY DID  NOT SHARE!!

We went to breakfast together down at the local eatery.  Lots of  fun.
BuzzSaw and I both left a generous tip for the blond sever.   Heh, heh, heh.

Then we each headed to Long Beach and Andy's presentation.  It was  very good
and interesting.  What a hike.  Amazing.  L-Rod told  him about the thong
thread on the PCT-L.  Seems he was sabotaged.   Someone else put his name on the
thongs.  I will let L-Rod fill you  in.  I liked the story because it sounded
like something I would do to a  hiker, say Reinhold.  Andy was great to meet
and had even heard me and  mentioned Reinhold too.  I did not know if I should
be proud or  embarrassed.  :-)

I showed BuzzSaw and L-Rod my $300 monocular.  BuzzSaw really liked  it.  It
was a great day with lots of stories and copious amounts of  fun.

Faithfully reported by your humble servant, Switchback the Trail Pirate
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till  sundown,
for going out, I found, was really going in." ---- John  Muir

48)