[pct-l] question

greg jacobs pcthiker08 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 09:20:43 CST 2008

hey moondog ive pondered that same question of going straight thru the
Sierras myself, there is the issue of a 50+ pounds of weight to haul out of
Kennedy meadows,thats a fun thoght. the extra food that wont fit in your
bear canister can be eatin first and hung or put in a food locker when they
are available, many thrus i talked to in 07 did this with no problems, im
more with the thinking now of a stop in independence to resupply,mainly i
dont want the weight on my back, and the trip out over kersage pass is well
worth it, with the resupply from there ill skip VVR ,but hey i could change
my mind  to and just go straigh thru. mammoth lakes is a great place to
stop, ive been there many times so plan on that for a zero or two everything
you need is there and its easy to get around. mammoth mountaineering will
have everything you need for gear replacement and they will hold resupply
packages for you, just call them first. hope this info helps and ya im
quitting my job in three weeks to and yes this is thrilling, cya on the
trail