[pct-l] Trekking pole tips

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Feb 10 12:41:29 CST 2008

I have a pair of old Like Makau Ultralite Titanium poles which are still
in good condition.

According to the Like site, the tips are replacible -- it is a
combination piece, the actual carbide tip and the hard rubber pole end
which fits on the pole shaft.

I think the carbide tip is hard enough to get a good grip / stick on
granite and other hard rock. How long the tips last depends a lot on
where you hike and how you use the poles.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>