[pct-l] Shuttle to Mammoth Lakes, resupply at Muir vs. VVR

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 10 13:05:25 CST 2008

Regarding tickets:

The FS shuttle understands the thru-hikers and are quite helpful. The norm is to buy your daily pass at the ski resort. You show the pass to get on the bus and the bus driver asks that you turn it in at days end.

We got on at Reds Meadow with no ticket. We asked about payment and the driver said to talk to the people at the resort ticket office. The ticket people understood what was happening and said to just buy our tickets when we returned. We got a free ride to town.  The next day we bought our ticket and turned them in to the bus driver when we disembarked at Reds Meadow.

Note that there is no operating shuttle from that point into Mammoth Lakes, We just walked over to the road near the huge parking lot and got a ride into town.

Ken