[pct-l] Shuttle to Mammoth Lakes, resupply at Muir vs. VVR

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sun Feb 10 14:28:05 CST 2008

Last summer the city of Mammoth Lakes was running a free shuttle bus up
Lake Mary Road from the city center.  It came all the way to Horseshoe
Lake parking, turned around and went back.  It came quite frequently and
carried lots of tourists.  We parked our stock rig at Horseshoe Lake,
and returned to it twice for resupply, so we spent a lot of time there.
  Every bus that came in had tourists leaning out the windows taking
pictures of our llamas, and lots of them came by to visit after
disembarking.
This makes me wonder if the town of Mammoth also had a shuttle from town
to the ski area/Red's Meadow shuttle bus parking area last summer.  It
makes sense, to get people to use their cars less, and get them to park
in town so they will be more inclined to visit local businesses.
Does anybody know?
llamalady