[pct-l] resupply Muir v. VVR

garrett at cothamphoto.com garrett at cothamphoto.com
Mon Feb 11 11:55:03 CST 2008

Also remember you can't buy anything at MTR. Not even a soda. There's
basically just a picnic table to use. I went to MTR in 06 and wouldn't go
back. Unless you happen to be staying there they just want hikers to get
their resupply ($45...ouch) and move on. Next time I'd do an overnight
stop at VVR and a short stop at Red's, which I found very friendly and had
much more in the store than Yogi's book says. The clerk at Red's told me
that they are trying to cater more to thru-hikers these days.