[pct-l] new on trail recharger?

Steve Sergeant stevesgt at effable.com
Mon Feb 11 14:18:17 CST 2008

At 11:42 AM -0800 2/11/08, Ken Powers wrote:
>A researcher has developed ...  a knee brace that converts your leg
>energy and stores it in a battery.

I saw a news article last spring about a ski pole from some Italian
company that can recharge a battery using the travel of it's built-in
shock absorber.  Google can't find the link for me at the moment, but
I think it was in something like Science News.

For all of the descents we make going down passes, it's probably less
wasteful to generate electricity in our "brakes" (like the Prius)
than by slowing us down on our climbs or over flatland.

--
The WildeBeat  "The audio journal about getting into the wilderness"