[pct-l] hiking in Seattle area

Ann Urick aeurick at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 00:53:37 CST 2008

it rained on me. I've been trying to find someplace close that's good
for training (the lake crescent area of olympic national park that I
use now is about two hours) but the only part of the park I'm familiar

with is the north and northwest sections. I figured the rainshadow
would be a good location but I don't actually know any hikes that way.

If anyone in Seattle is doing training hikes and wants some company,
let me know

  You can go to Mt. Walker (Olympics)- even if it is only 5 miles round trip, there is a 2500' elevation gain in 2.5 miles
  Grey Wolf trail
  Dungeness trail - not much elevation but mileage
  Heather Meadows - just before you get to the Olympic National Park gate.

  I'll think of some other ones. The Pope forest is close to my home so that's where I have been going.

  Ann-no trail name yet