[pct-l] Walker Pass

Jo Pegrum Hazelett joph at piedmontbsa.org
Thu Feb 14 10:58:43 CST 2008

Hi Ann

This one I can answer-- I've done it (a couple of years ago). The
temperature was more than 100 degrees when we left Walker Pass at 4 or so in
the afternoon. The hike from Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows is quite a
challenge and beautiful in its own way at that time of year--after that you
are at sufficient elevation that the heat is no longer a major problem. If
you want more info, I can send you my notes/journal from the time. I think
we hiked the first or second week in August and saw no hikers for the first
few days. I know there were others that hiked then, but not many.

Jo

Message: 15