[pct-l] Quality gear for less

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 09:23:17 CST 2008

Though written for the AT, the general concepts apply:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=206678#post206678

The only thing I will add is that you should invest in a decent sleeping bag. The Campmor down bag is $110, rated to 20F and is known as a good budget bag.
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=86896&memberId=12500226

Also, if you want a decent jacket that is warm, light and compressible, seriously check out the Army liner jackets (mentioned in this article, but deserves to be emphasized):
http://tinyurl.com/2dfgpk

Also, before I forget, for  high altitude/desert hiking I suggest a long sleeve polyester dress shirt. $4. I've used this type of shirt on the PCT, CDT, CT and other places.

Good luck!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com