[pct-l] Is Alaska no longer wild?

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 11:08:32 CST 2008

Mr. Los Angeles writes: The book also brings to mind the question whether Alaska really is wild anymore.? Is it getting subdivided, electrified, internet-ified, and domesticated like the lower 48?? Sure, it probably will never actually be like the lower 48, but is Alaska really wild anymore?
Switchback writes: Years ago I used to hitchhike on the highways in Alaska.? It was one of the most interesting things I have done.? The people you met was really wild.? Lots of folks from the lower 48 up there for adventure.? It would have been neat to write a book about those adventures.? But I am old now and cannot remember enough.? :-(