[pct-l] Financing Switchback's Thru Hike

Sandi bowed1heart at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 17:56:56 CST 2008

no, Greg....you totally missed it!  By his own admission, he's auctioning people off to Pirates and Indians...therefore, the lure is to get you out there, having believed his bogus story about his providence; and then when you are least expecting it, you find yourself suddenly sailing the 7 seas, telling stupid pirate jokes.  ("Where did the pirate put his car? In the pARking lot."  "Where does a pirate get his sandwiches?  ARby's"  "How does a pirate learn his lessons?  The hARd way")  It's sad, really sad.

Greg Kesselring <gkesselr at whidbey.com> wrote:   Switchback writes: So, if you are planning a PCT 2008 thru hike forget about bringing a stove or any food.  I will provide it for you.

This is obviously a setup, a scam, and a trap.  Switchback is tempting you to go into the wilderness without food and stove.  Then when you are weak from hiking without food, he will strike and plunder your camp, hauling away your tent, tarp, sleeping bag and pad, and all your other gear.  This guy is not to be trusted, he's a rogue and a thief.  On your PCT hike you need to bring not only food and stove, but also sword and pistol to defend yourself from his raids.

Good luck, hikers.

Greg

PS  I am waiting for a year when this pirate will not be on the trail to do my PCT thru hike.

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:       I leave today for the Grand Canyon expedition.  I will stay at the Bright Angel Lodge and start hiking Monday down to Phantom Ranch.  We will stop at Indian Gardens campground on the way down the Bright Angel Trail and back up.

  I plan to auction off the other expedition members to the Indians and river pirates along the Colorado River.  The proceeds will finance my 2008 PCT thru hike.  This is too cool.  I will sell the blankets, baskets, and horses up at the South Rim when I come out.

  I should be able to stay at the finest motels, eat the best foods, and have llama/mule trains meet me at various spots along the trail with supplies.  There will be pretty of extras for all my thru hiker bros and sisters.  So, if you are planning a PCT 2008 thru hike forget about bringing a stove or any food.  I will provide it for you.  No problem -- on my dime and my treat.

  Your pal, Switchback
  "I had some eyeglasses.  I was walking down the street when suddenly the prescription ran out," --- Stephen Wright
  PS: I will do an after action report when I come back from the expedition.