[pct-l] Pack Waterproofing

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 18 11:52:04 CST 2008

JJ,

I made a pack cover out of 1.1 ripstop silnylon and some light elastic (2.5 oz.).  It was super easy, and worked just great.  I also made a pack liner out of the same stuff (3.5 oz.), as well as assorted stuff sacks.  I didn't use any patterns, just measured the fabric and went from there.

All of my stuff stayed dry through near-daily thunderstorms, though the pack never went swimming.

L-Rod