[pct-l] On my way to San Diego!

Steve Fosdick hikin_steve at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 17:49:14 CST 2008

Hello, everyone! I'm just a little over two weeks into my journey to San Diego (from Orlando, Florida by bike), and I can tell you one important lesson that I've already learned: PACK LIGHT! My bike trailer is still too heavy, and I've already sent home over 25 pounds of extra stuff! It will be essential that I only take what I know I'll need, and not one ounce more, once I start the hike. While I can get by on the bike trek, the extra weight is really slowing me down, especially on the long hills.
  I'm having a great trip, meeting a ton of interesting and wonderful people along the way, and really feeling like the bike trek will help get me ready for my 2008 thru hike! If you'd like to follow my bike trek, visit http://100biketours.blogspot.com
  Hikin_Steve