[pct-l] Denatured alcohol, ethanol vs. methanol

Judith G twolegs at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 19 13:18:54 CST 2008

I visited Amazon and noticed that while this product is only $4.09 a
quart, you have to buy it by the case, and shipping is $19:

> QT, Denatured Alcohol Solvent In Metal Can, Pure 100% Denatured
> Ethyl Alcohol, Recommended Thinner/Cleaner For Shellac, Also A
> Clean Burning Fuel For Use Specifically In Alcohol Burning
> Appliances, Read Label Carefully Before Use, Note: D.O.T. Hazardous
> Material Regulations Require Shipping In Full Case Original Cartons.

I checked to see what brand of denatured alcohol I have in the
garage, and it's this same "Sunnyside" brand ... I purchase mine at
my local Coast Hardware store.  So if you don't want to buy it by the
case, you might want to check local hardware stores for this brand.