[pct-l] Mt. Whitney climb date?

Daniel Bailey greenhiker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:41:48 CST 2008

Hello all,

I'm filling out my thru-hike permit and it asks the "Approximately climbing
date" for Mt. Whitney.

I intend to leave the border on April 25th and hike approximately 15-20
miles per day with a zero thrown in here and there for good measure.  I
don't have the data book handy, so I don't know the milepoint for the
approach to Mt. Whitney.  If memory serves, Mt. Whitney is around milepoint
700?.

My best guess would be that I'd be summiting Whitney somewhere around June
20th.  Does this seem reasonable?  How accurate does my "approximately climb
date" need to be?

Be well,

Senator