[pct-l] Western Mountaineering

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Tue Feb 19 17:46:34 CST 2008

Thanks for this info, Len.

Seems that the accuracy of weights varies from one manufacturer to the
next.  I've read that the two tarptent makers, Henry Shires and Six Moon
Designs, are generally right on the money with their stated weights.  If
anything, a product from them might come in at a half ounce less, but
rarely over, and probably never over by 3 ounces.  They know we're
counting grams, so they are careful with their stated weights.

Other manufacturers, who knows?  I believe some (REI maybe?) state that
actual weights may vary by as much as 10 percent from the published weight.