[pct-l] Mt Laguna resupply

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:54:48 CST 2008

I resupplied at the Laguna Store last month.  I stopped in a few days before I started my hike and asked permission to leave a box there.  I also saw a box that was mailed to them for holding from 2007 thru-hiker Potential Paul.
I'd call them first to ask permission.(number below).

I am leaving a box there.  So far there hasn't been a holding charge.

I've stopped in a few times this year and they have always had enough of the right foods for a resupply, but I wouldn't ever want to count on it.  It's a LONG hitch to Julian or Borrego Springs from there.

Julian is a nice option when you get up to Scissors Crossing (mile 77.6) for a hotel, good food and the Apple Pie they are famous for.

Two brothers Tom and John, who manage the Laguna Store, have probably bought it by now.  There may be some changes in how things are done in both the store and the motel.  I'll be stopping by there sometime in March and hope to have more updated info to post.

Water?

The Laguna Store sells bottled water, but does not supply tap water.  Water is available at the Visitor Center bathrooms at the corner nearby or 1/4 mile or so (a good place to rejoin the trail) at Desertview Picnic Area.  I have camped here before.

Warner Springs Monty

>If anyone has any specific questions, the phone number
for the store is...

619-473-8533