[pct-l] Camp shoes

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:42:07 CST 2008

I'm curious how many thru-hikers had much what is traditionally thought
of as "camp time?" I know that some online journals talk about the herd
and socializing around a fire (where I cringe - there is no need to
build a fire EVER except in case of emergency or in a car campground).
My experience is if I'm in camp I'm getting ready to lie down/sleep,
sleeping, or packing up to hike.

Perhaps its part of learning on the trail - past experience is
"camp-centered" hiking while thru-hiking teaches how to do
"trail-centered" hiking. Just curious...

Jeff, just Jeff (once again, reminding you that's said out loud to the
cadence of "Bond, James Bond." :-)