[pct-l] Watches

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Fri Feb 22 23:56:36 CST 2008

Doodad,

The Casio G-Shock solar watch I just bought has dual time zones.  Water resistant to 20 bar.  Bright backlight for getting the log correct during the best propagation hours at night.  I think the model number is R2300.  Cost was about $60.  Casio also sells a watch that sets time by the WWV signal.

73,
Tom KI6ASP

---- n7rr at pocketmail.com wrote:

=============
Since I already carry a GPS and a simple compass, I need neither facility in a
watch.  What I DO need is a loud alarm clock so that I really do wake up in the
morning.  The alarm on my Timex Expedition watch isn't loud enough with my arm
tucked randomly inside the sleeping bag, especially if it's warm enough that my
head is outside of the bag.  I do rather like to record ham radio contacts in
the traditional UTC time, so a watch which keeps track of two time zones
simultaneously would be nice.  Does anybody know of a reasonably-priced
wristwatch which meets both of these requirements?
Thanks,
Nanuq