[pct-l] ADZPCTKO and gear

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Feb 24 23:06:21 CST 2008

I recall one year a thruhiker at ADZ asked me where he could buy new
gear. I asked what he needed and the response was everything, that he
had chucked it all in the bushes hiking in from the border because it
was too heavy. That's an extreme example, but apparently enough buy gear
to keep the vendors coming. (To keep things low key, only a few selected
cottage-industry vendors are there. It started as an offshoot of the
homemade gear contest.)

If it was me, I'd do my kickoff a year before my thruhike to get ideas,
so my pack would be set up perfectly when it came time for my hike. Of
course, I'd still probably find it wasn't perfect!

AsABat