[pct-l] ADZPCTKO and gear

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 23:22:07 CST 2008

First of all ADZ is not just for the current year hikers.  In fact, there will be more past year, future year and wanna-bes there than there will be 2008 thru-hikers.  There are a lot of hanger-ons as I call them.  As a 2006 alum, I will be back to visit and provide rides as necessary.

The gear booths are a way to help support ADZ.  These vendors, I believe, sponsor some part of ADZ and it gives many folks a chance to see what the cottage industry gear manuafatures have on the market.

Elevator

From: Jordan2ynp at aol.com
As much as I am looking forward to ADZPCTKO, I find it funny they have gear for sale and an auction. Does anybody go there ready to hike and decides not to buy trekking poles because Liki might have a booth? This sounds crazy to me. Who would be all ready for a hike, and then buy something for their pack when they already have it set up perfectly? I have never been there, seen it, or been apart of ADZPCTKO yet, so if anybody could explain why there is gear for sale it would ease my inquisitive mind.

Good Times

P.S. I can't wait for ADZPCTKO. As a social hiker I am looking forward to being another cow in the heard.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)