[pct-l] Quotes to calm Cabin Fever...

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 16:49:14 CST 2008

Some quotes to ponder and possibly help calm cabin fever...  Sorry, none are about dogs...   ;-)

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."  - Steven Wright

“We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men's wisdom.”  - Michel de Montaigne

“Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it.”  - George Santayana

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."  - Mark Twain

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."  - Gen. George S. Patton

“There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees.”  - Michel de Montaigne

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."  - Henry David Thoreau

“I exist as I am, that is enough.”  - Walt Whitman

“I quote others only in order the better to express myself.”  - Michel de Montaigne

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe."  - Robert Service

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."  - Unknown

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.  Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for."  - Louis L'Amour, from Ride the Dark Trail

"Be not afraid of going slowly, be only afraid of standing still."  - Chinese Proverb

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive."  - Robert Louis Stevenson

"There's a difference between knowing the Path and walking the Path."  - Andy and Larry Wachowski, from The Matrix

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."  - Noel Coward

Best wishes and good luck to the Class of '08...  Enjoy the journey!  Happy trails!!!
Jim