[pct-l] bounce bucket

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 17:59:48 CST 2008

A great suggestion from our beloved, mohawkian trail angel! I may try that
this year; I see 6 immediate benefits,
1. Hiking stuff fits much better in something rectangular.
2. Tape would not be needed.
3. A small, lightweight padlock could be used to protect your stuff (like  my
$200 RoadStor CD burner).
4. It would be far sturdier.
5. It would be far quicker to open and close.
6. It would save me personally at least 30 minutes of hassle at every town
stop.
and 1 possible drawback,
7. It will most likely be heavier than a bucket, esp with a small brass
lock, therefore costing more to mail.

In fact I have an empty, yellow, medium-size plastic tool box gathering  dust
in my junk room. The worst thing about that would be the expense of having
to change my box tape color to stay color coordinated.

See, going to work every weekday in that black bowl 10 mile S of Agua Dulce
hasn't affected her brain a bit!
It may, however, be slowly driving her crazy ...

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if  it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

In a message dated 2/25/2008 12:42:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,