[pct-l] A potential member of the ADZ heard

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Feb 27 12:18:36 CST 2008

Remember there is nothing that says you have to CAMP near water. In
fact, in the desert it is better for the wildlife to camp far from
water, as they won't come for water if you are there. I prefer to stop
at a water source for lunch or dinner, then fill my belly and my bottles
with water and move on to a dry camp further on. This has the advantage
of letting you hike further in the cooler evening hours, giving you less
time in the heat between water supplies, and you can choose where you
want to camp with a smaller group or all by yourself if you want.