[pct-l] Time for the Annual "Why I Boycott the ADZ" Message

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 12:37:28 CST 2008

L-Rod wrote:

> I want to state emphatically for the record (again)
> that the problem is not
> here at Hiker Heaven.  Squatch, you were here at the
> peak last year, and saw
> that we handled 65 hikers without issue -- and there
> was a rockin' party to
> boot (masterminded by, ahem, you and NaborJ!)

I was merely a pawn in yet another Nabor J social
event..;).  Yes, it was rockin'...and, again, thanks
for letting us ruffians stay there.  However, my
intelligent and beautiful opponent, I'm still not
convinced the ADZ is the main or only culprit.

-- The numbers, generally, appear to be increasing
whether the Kickoff occurs or not.

-- Also, the Lake Morena campground, where the Kickoff
is held, has essentially, reached its limit...the
numbers at the KO can't, if at all, get much bigger.
And like you said, you've been handling it so far.
Any increase in numbers, it seems to me, would be due
to non-Kickoff related folk deciding to hike the
trail.

-- I'm also not convinced that a natural spread out
will occur if the Kickoff suddenly disappeared.  Some,
sure, but basic weather patterns along the trail
(assuming Monsieur Gore's predictions don't reach an
extreme anytime soon), along with Ray Day, it seems to
me, will keep most people starting an attempted thru
in the same basic time frame.

I am willing, though, to endorse a winner-take-all hot
oil wrestling match between you and the Kickoff's
Wagon Master.  A coin flip determines locale.
Clothing is optional.  Except for Greg, who must wear
full Eskimo gear over a scuba suit...and it must be in
the middle of July.

That said...I wholeheartedly endorse ride-sharing
being  pushed out even farther to facillitate, much
like my ass in this way-too-comfortable chair, further
spread.

Respectfully,
Nabor J's bitch,

Squatch