[pct-l] PCT usage quotas

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 27 12:44:38 CST 2008

All the more reason the mission of the PCTA is so important:  protect,
preserve, promote.  They actively seek volunteer support from local
communities, and are trying to build a broader awareness and appreciation
for the trail with youth and a broad spectrum of others.  They interface
with the agencies, building relationships and increasing agency focus on the
PCT.  They lobby congress for financial and legislative support to benefit
the PCT. They provided over 62,000 volunteer hours to maintain the trail
last year.  And that's just a few things they do.

I think that's why I feel bad that hikers give their support to the ADZ,
which IMHO does little to directly benefit the trail and is more of a
stellar party that everyone enjoys.  But, that's me, and as my friends have
told me, I am U-NEEK. I wear the badge with honor.  Goes with blue hair.

L-Rod