[pct-l] Gentlemen, let's discuss underwear.

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Wed Feb 27 13:39:41 CST 2008

If I am going to do any to do any portion of the trail this year (a
question that is still up in the air) I will need to leave my favorite
cotton briefs at home.

I picked up a pair of ExOfficio boxer briefs to try them out. I find
that I am dangling more than I am used to, and I'm finding that
uncomfortable.

So, what do guys wear on the trail? What brands do you recommend? What
styles are best to avoid chaffing? Is chaffing caused more from thighs
rubbing together, or from other things rubbing between the thighs?

I am reluctant to try a bunch of different styles and brands at $25.00
per pair.

No, I don't want to go commando style. I tried that on a 10 mile walk
once and chaffed badly.