[pct-l] ADZ (adverse impact)

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Feb 27 23:27:57 CST 2008

Of course you're right Greg. The ADZ doesn't look so bad next to clear cut
logging. So let's just ignore the impact your event has on the trail. You
are absolved of any responsibility. (that was poor misdirection on your
part, btw)

Since you're not the organizer of clear cut logging, why not move the event
well off trail and move the date by a month either way, just to show us how
genuinely concerned you are. But then you'd miss the thru-wallet opportunity
and have an event without current year thru-hikers. Geez, you wouldn't want
that. That would be just awful.

Talk is cheap, and that's all I'm about. I have no control over anything.

You're the self proclaimed 'Grand Poobah' Greg. You're the man, you da boss,
you've got control. Show us all you're not just talk.

Scott Parks

-----
Strider writes:
0) ADZPCTKO
1) Encroachment by real estate
2) 4WD - offroading - motorcycle use
3) Logging
4) Noise and Sight pollution
5) Air Pollution
6) Traffic safety for hikers
7) Safety around the southern terminus
8) Trash and overuse by weekenders
9) Lack of public awareness
10) Sufficient volunteer base for maintenance
11) Funding for land purchases
12) Funding for maintenance
13) Funding for NFS oversite and public awareness stewardship