[pct-l] Dark Sky

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu Feb 28 00:18:53 CST 2008

I agree (except for the part about the moon). In the Sierra it is
possible to walk on the trails at night above treeline with just
starlight, even with no moon (but don't try this on exposed trails!).

In my neighborhood we used to be able to take the telescope out and see
galaxies and nebula easily. Now it's a challenge to see the brightest
objects with all the lights going in, mostly unshielded and scattering
light in all directions. The telescope is now gone.

Check out www.darksky.org <http://www.darksky.org/>  for more info.