[pct-l] PCT Food

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Fri Feb 29 07:00:14 CST 2008

http://www.mealpack.com/

I'd like to put in a plug for the Bear Valley Mealpack and Pemmican
bars.  For about $1 you get 400+ calories of nutritionally balanced and
flavorful food bars.  You have to buy 50 or more of them to get this
price.  I know that on my most recent section hike I overplanned and
left some of these bars in the hiker boxes up in Oregon and Washington
and they were a favorite item for those whose food worlds were bounded
by peanut butter, pita, snickers, etc.  If you eat a lot of "junk" food
on your hiking trips, two or three of these bars a day can make sure you
are eating relatively well.  (That's an opinion of course.)

I actually eat these as snacks on my frequent job related road trips
rather than stopping at one of the billions of convenience stores for
Doritos.

Another reason I like these is that when I buy more than 100 of them I
get a phone call from a "Mealpack Lady" who identifies herself as such,
to make sure it's me who ordered.

Jeff, just Jeff...