[pct-l] 2008 PCT thru hike Blisters

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Fri Feb 29 13:00:59 CST 2008

Many years ago I used to read Runner's World and they always touted
Brooks shoes for pronators. I jumped, apparently incorrectly, to the
conclusion that all their shoes were designed for pronators. Either
my jump was wrong, or they have more lasts now.
I agree that a good professional can be invaluable, but I also know,
from experience, that many stores do not have a good one on duty all
the time even though some act as if they were. I have had experience
with both types. Therefore, try on several models. My main point is
that you need to take users' recommendations with a little skepticism
because what works for one, does not necessarily work for another.
BTW, I have had good experience with factory reps knowing the
characteristics of different models within their brand.
I also strongly agree with your comment about insoles.

Pieces