[pct-l] The ADZ CONTOVERSY AS IT APPEARS TO AN OUTSIDER

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Feb 29 15:19:30 CST 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Donna Saufley wrote:
>   And, it seems that overall folks on the AT (even trail angels)
> seek to profit from the hikers (ka-ching).  Not so on the PCT.  It
> will be a very sad day for PCT hikers if/when that comes to pass –
> the end of something special and unique.

I have to quibble with this generalization.  There are commercial and
non-profit services on both trails that cater to hikers (day/weekend/
thru).  I'm including 'trail angels' in the non-profit service
category. It may be the case that there are more commercial service
providers on the AT, but then again accommodating 1500 to 2000 hikers
a season is a much different ballgame than accommodating 200-300
hikers.  To put it another way there are more AT thru-hikers in
Maine, at the end of the trail, than even attempt the PCT.

Radar