[pct-l] ? about TP and boxes

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:10:03 CST 2008

I'm considering resupplying along the way, instead of mail drops.
After all, why mail myself 500 packages of Ramen, when I can buy it
along the way and save the postage?

How do the on-trail resupply veterans handle the following?

!. When one is forced to mail resupplies to the smaller stops from a
'full' resupply location, from where do you source the mailing
containers, aka boxes?  I would think USPS flat rate boxes are a bad
deal for the relatively short mailing distances.  Maybe rummage behind
grocery stores?

2. Toilet paper - Don't recall seeing single rolls for sale all that
often.  Buy a 4-pack, keep one and toss the rest? (I'm not bouncing
it.)  Pine cones are not an option.

TIA

Len