[pct-l] Before there were water caches and Trail Angels

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 23:00:18 CST 2008

Patrick writes: Hell, thirty years after I do the PCT (2038!) they'll probably be flying around in rocket ships and having their real lungs replaced with bionic ones. There won't be any point of reference for walking 2650 miles. Maybe people will get their legs removed and replace with wheels and there won't be a point of reference for walking at all!
Switchback replies: Yes, this true.  I plan on being the first person the thru balloon the trail in 2013.  I will float over the trail all the way to Canada with a small propeller and motor on the balloon basket.  "Hey, down there anyone have some more hot pizza and cold beer.  I am running a little low up here."