[pct-l] Baby Wipes

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Jan 3 02:07:06 CST 2008

Sorry for the multiple posts.  I'm feelin' frisky!

I learned about alcohol wipes four or five years ago.  They enable me to
miss "rinsing off" twice a day.  I try and rinse at least once, and then
use an alcohol wipe as I am about ready to put on my pjs.  I never miss
rinsing two days in a row.  All sorts of smelly, greasy things can happen.

I don't miss once-a-day use of an alcohol wipe.  It's too important.  My
guess is that my long section hikes would have been shorter, and my
shorter trips less enjoyable, if I hadn't been using alcohol wipes.

The best is rinsing before bedtime.  Ummm...

All kidding aside, - , alcohol wipes kept rashes and skin irritations of
any sort from developing.  It wasn't til I was 40 that I had to deal
with this.  Now it's a fact of life that I "wipe down" before putting on
the long underwear and diving under the quilt for a dry, safe nights
sleep...

It's part of being able to hike week after week, a maintenance item....
Gotta keep the nether regions clean and dry...

Jeff, just Jeff (said in the cadence of, "Bond, James Bond.")